Monday, April 11, 2011

Anatomy Lesson

With the season about to explode, it occurs to me that things could get very confusing if I don't provide some explanation of the various planting, harvesting, sitting, and drinking areas on the property.  And while there's not much in the way of things blooming (and there's an awful lot of mulch covering the emerging shoots), it's probably the best time to see the garden's bones. 

Here's a tour of the early spring garden, with 360 degree views of the front mound and gardens, and a quick tour of the hill and vegetable garden rising behind the house.  The very top of the hill is this season's project -- a new seating area with several stone outcroppings.  And enough planting opportunities to keep me occupied all summer.  I'll reprise this tour once a month throughout the season to document how that project is going, along with the progress in all other locations.


One thing I can promise... by mid May this drab brown color palette will be gone.  In the next version of this tour, green will be the dominant color.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment